Saturday 25 February 2012

A Midsummer Night's Dream

This was the last project of my first year, the class designed costumes for 'A Midsummer Night's Dream' in the style of Steampunk. We all designed one character's costume and one fairy then we made other peoples character designs and our own fairy design.

The costume I made was for the character Hermia, designed by Lucy Duncan.

I'm quite proud of this costume because this is the first corset I made and it was made of leather! As you can see it has lace up detail on the front (which isn't functional by the way, the real lace up is on the back) and buckles on the sides.








This is the fairy costume that I designed and made. I tried to incorporate some Elizabethan features (because Midsummer's is a Shakespeare play) as well as Steampunk details.

I didn't have time to make a real tutu but I think the costume looks pretty good, considering I'm not the best at designing anyway.



I designed the corset bright green because I thought it looked punk. The corset had textiles on the front with cogs (made of felt) and studs  to make it look more Steampunk.


No comments:

Post a Comment